FCG - Frank C. Gibson, Inc. Mechanical Contractors History
Tuesday, December 18
Company Services Projects History Contact Links
Menu Home
F.C.Gibson

Company
Services
Projects
History
Contact
Links


History
1940 - 2004
1940

Main St. Shop

 Leonard Gibson

Leonard Gibson begins working for the company.
1945

Frank E. and Fred Gibson join the business after getting home from the war.

 

(Pictured Right) Backrow: Leonard, Fred, and Frank E. with their mother and 3 brothers.

Main St. Shop
1949

Main St. Shop

 34 East Main St. House

Gibson’s purchases the property at 34 East Main Street. The same year, Gibson  Plumbing becomes a union contractor with local union #181 in Red Bank (now Local 9) Frank, and Fred Gibson become members of the union.
1950

A new store front is added onto the existing house at 34 East Main Street and the office and shop is moved to this location. And a new two story warehouse is built in the back of 34 East Main Street..

Main St. Shop
1953
Frank C. Gibson Plumbing becomes a member of the Mechanical Contractors Association of America.
MCAA Certificate MCAA Certificate
1961

Main St. Shop

 Fred, Len, Frank and Frank Sr.

Frank C. Gibson Plumbing becomes incorporated into Frank C. Gibson Inc with owners Frank C. Gibson Sr, Frank E. Gibson, Leonard Gibson and Fred Gibson.
1965

Gibson’s purchase 10 Center Street as additional shop and storage space.

10 Center St. Storage Facility

 10 Center St. Freehold, NJ

1970

195 Throckmorton St. Freehold, NJ.
 195 Throckmorton St. Freehold, NJ

The property at 195 Throckmorton Street is purchased for additional storage space.
1971

A new 2700 square foot warehouse is built at 195 Throckmorton Street in Freehold, NJ.

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ
 2700 square foot warehouse facility

Frank E. Gibson as president of MCANJ

Frank E. Gibson is elected President of the Mechanical Contractors Association of New Jersey.

MCANJ

1972

Frank C. Gibson Jr. becomes a member of Plumbers and Pipefitter Local 181 in Red Bank. (Now Local 9)

Frank C. Gibson, Jr.

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ

 Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9
1974

Gregory Gibson becomes a member of Plumbers and Pipefitter Local 181. (Local 9)

Frank C. Gibson, Jr.

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ

 Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9
1977

Dennis Gibson becomes a member Local 181 in Red Bank. (Local 9)

Frank C. Gibson, Jr.

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ

 Plumbers & Pipefitters Local 9
1978

10 Center Street property is sold.

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ

Founder - Frank C. Gibson, Sr. Frank C. Gibson, Sr. dies.
1982
Leonard Gibson as president of MCANJ

Leonard Gibson becomes President of the Mechanical Contractors Association of New Jersey.

MCANJ

1984

Frank E. Gibson retires after 39 years in the business.

1989

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ

Leonard Gibson retires after 40 years in the business.

2001

The offices are moved into temporary trailers at 195 Throckmorton Street after the property at 34 East Main Street is sold..

 

2004

The offices are moved into the new 4000 square foot building at 195 Throckmorton Street.

10 Center St. Freehold, NJ
New 4000 square foot office facility

A new 1900 square foot warehouse is added onto the existing 2700 square foot warehouse. The combined space is now 4600 square feet. 1900 square feet addition
New 1900 square foot warehouse addition
Building dedication ceremony on July 29th, 2004. Building Dedication
Pictured above (left to right): Frank C. Gibson, Jr., Dennis Gibson, Frank E. Gibson, Gregory Gibson and Leonard Gibson.
Back to History 1912-1939
Return to top of page
Menu Home

 

Frank C. Gibson , Inc. - 195 Throckmorton St. Freehold, NJ 07728 / Phone: 732 462-0282; Fax: 732 409-1167 /Webmaster: ArtSciDigital Website Design - www.artscidigital.com / © 2006 Frank C. Gibson , Inc. - Mechanical Contractor / All rights reserved.

 

s